HCIN maintains a resource library of policies, legislation, white papers, announcements, and other valuable information.
- Adaptable Policies and Procedures Templates
Are you assigned to draft new language access policies for your healthcare organization? Start here.
- Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, and Patient-and Family-Centered Care
Are you preparing for Joint Commission surveyors who will evaluate compliance with the Patient-Centered Communication standards?
- Bilingual Medical Glossaries in 21 languages
This site provides printed materials for purchase.
- Cross-Cultural Health Care Program(CCHCP)
This program offers recognized 40-hour medical interpreter training programs.
- Diversity Rx
Listserve, webinars, conferences, cultural competence and language access resources for interpreters, managers, researchers & policy makers.
- Health Information Translations
Check this site for patient information material in many languages.
- HHS Office for Civil Rights: Limited English Proficiency
This section explains nondiscrimination on the basis of national origin with links to OCR Guidance and resources.
- HHS Office for Civil Rights: Effective Communication in Hospitals
This website offers resources to hospitals seeking to improve communication with patients and improve their compliance with regulations.
This is an on-line training directory that contains the most extensive list of healthcare interpreter courses in the U.S. and Canada.
- Intro to Interpreting in Palliative Care
Part of the training curriculum "Interpreting in Palliative Care"
- Kaiser Permanente Health Care Interpreter Certificate Program
Many tools are available including trilingual glossaries, The resources section has Armenian, Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese anatomy drawings with commonly used translated phrases.
- Medline Plus
Medical dictionary plus encyclopedia, tutorials and anatomy illustrations.
- Qualified Interpreting for Quality Health Care
Training video for clinical staff.
- SPIRAL: Selected Patient Information Resources in Asian Languages
This web resource offers ready-to-print materials in hard to find languages.
Online Language Dictionaries in 15 languages including Spanish and English.